Friday, April 12, 2013

Baby Dexter | La Grande, OR | Amber Tyler | Photographer

I absolutely love that my job enables me to meet new people and go to new places. In this case though, it brought me back to a place I've known well and a person I hadn't seen in a long time. I was able to go back to La Grande, Oregon where I was born and raised to photograph baby Dexter. Dexter's mom is Alexia Whittington (soon to be Mrs. Siders) and we were friends back in high school. Aexia and I were on the cheerleading team together. I have many great memories of cheer camp, football games, and of course practicing cheers and dance in her living room. It is hard to believe that the past 10 years since then have gone by so fast. Now we are both mom's with beautiful babies, far from our cheerleading days.. but I know we both remember it like it was yesterday ;-) 

What I loved so much about this session was, not only did I get to catch up with an old friend, but I got to do the session in their home and it was more of a life style session. Their oldest son Knox (3 years old) invited me in with a smile and was so eager to tell me all about his Toy Story toys. He had Woody, Buzz, and Jessie all lined up on the couch ready to play. He was such a joy to photograph, I mean just look at the pictures.. can't go wrong with a face that adorable! Dexter was just as easy to photograph. He was so calm and serious. He didn't cry at all! I loved his cute little expressions as he looked at me, he must have been thinking this lady is crazy... haha.. Both boys are just so adorable, and I loved how excited Knox was to have a little brother. 

Here is a picture of Alexia and I in high school together.. and then some of my favorite pictures from our photo session with Baby Dexter and Knox! 















Clarkston WA | Lewiston ID | Portrait Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment